Thursday, February 16, 2012

Little Two Catchup

While I've been trying to get caught up on this blog, it occurs to me that there hasn't been much attention paid to the new little one's pending arrival. Believe me, the anticipation is there for this one, but it hasn't been quite the same as the first time around. Our lives right now are drastically different from what they were in 2008, obviously. Our family of three is going to change in ways we can and cannot imagine. Still, the thought of another little CCEZ joining us three makes me happier than I can say. 

I hear a lot about how the second child gets less attention and fewer pictures taken than the first, and I'm beginning to believe it. Recognizing this, I feel like I need to redouble my efforts to make sure this bundle of joy gets equal facetime in the digital world. It will likely take a more focused effort, but I think I'm up to the task. Wish me luck! 

And without further ado, here are the belly photos (the countdown hasn't been as tight as with Tommy, but here's what we got):

Week 29



Week 34



Week 38: Nidhi decorates the belly with a Mendhi design. Tommy tells complete strangers, "My mama has a big belly with a design!"




Week 39


Today is the official due date for this child. Unless he or she arrives in the next half hour, then we're going to go over 40 weeks. No real surprise there, but it seems like the waiting has been harder this time. Tommy arrived late, too, at week 41. So maybe our kids are just destined to inherit their parents' preference not to rush things.  Stay tuned, folks, it could be anytime now!


No comments: